There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Monday, July 20, 2009

An Inviolable Promise

Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me (Isaiah 49:15-16).

Who has not known deep loneliness, or soul-rending sorrow, or the kind of rejection that shatters our heart like fine crystal dropped onto concrete? An unfaithful spouse; A devastating illness; A wayward child who never calls home; parents who abandon their children . . .

When hope evaporates, when heartache engulfs us, when we give voice to our doubt that God even knows our address, Oh! That we would hear His voice: "Though all forsake you, I will never forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands."

Think of it! Though sorrow seeps through our lives, our Father yet leans toward us, cups our face in His hands and whispers, “You are Mine. I love you. Though hell laps at your heels, I am always at your side.”

On that inviolable promise of God, you and I can eternally rely.

No comments: