There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

By Name

According to my internet search, on July 1, 2009, the world's population stood at 6,768,167,712.

I cannot conceive of that kind of number.

Nor can I conceive of the idea that, among six billion, seven hundred sixty-eight million, one hundred and sixty-seven thousand, seven hundred and twelve. God actually knows . . . . . me.

Not a hair falls out of my scalp without Him seeing it. A word doesn't cross my mind that He didn't already know about it. And not a tear fills my eye that His hand isn't already poised to wipe it away.

It is thoughts like this that remind me of the text in Isaiah: Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine (Isaiah 43).

God knows me by name.

And so, also, He knows you, too.

No comments: