There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Thursday, December 31, 2020

To His Last Breath

 When Nancy had her hemorrhagic stroke, we impatiently waited for the ambulance to arrive. While we waited, she said to me: “I love you.” 

She later told me she knew she was dying, and those were the last words she wanted me to hear from her. 

 

Today is the last day of 2020. During my time with the Lord this morning, I got to thinking of ‘last words,’ and my thoughts turned to Calvary. 


As the Lord Jesus hung bloodied, bruised, and dying on that cross, He uttered what theologians call His Seven Last Words, the last of which was this: “It is finished.” And John 3:16 became a palpable reality extending through the millennia, even to this last day of 2020. 


“It is finished.” 


I can’t explain what happened next, but as I focused on those last words, the Holy Spirit interpreted them for me through the language translator of heaven. And this is what the dying Jesus wanted me to hear with His last breath: “Richard, I love you.” 

 

It swept across my mind. It pulsated through my mind: “Richard, I love you.” 

 

And now, please, if you have read this far, please be assured on this last day of 2020, whatever is your name, the Lord Jesus also says to YOU with His last breath: “I love you.” 

 

He wants you to know, with His last breath, “I love you.” 


No comments: