There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Monday, December 21, 2020

Looking for that Day

 I’ve lost two friends in the last few months, both godly men. It hurts to watch the righteous die far sooner then I or anyone would’ve liked. And their deaths have raised questions in my heart.


If you follow much of what I write, you know I’ve recently written of their deaths, and of my struggles with it.

 

Of course, my struggle is nothing like that of the families left behind. Oh, how they must be struggling! I know a little of how life can unravel when death is at the door.

 

I remember when I believed I was going to lose my wife two years ago to the hemorrhagic stroke. I was so frightened, bewildered, and often disoriented. A simple thing like driving was a major task for me. When I accidentally spilled a cup of iced tea on my wife’s lap in the intensive care unit, I stood there in shock, not knowing what to do. Someone else in the room had to scoop the ice out of her lap and get a towel while I just stood there, dazed.


I recently read Isaiah 57 in the New Living Translation: Good people pass away; the godly often die before their time. . . . No one seems to understand that God is protecting them from the evil to come. For those who follow godly paths will rest in peace when they die.”


I know God is good all the time, in all situations, and in all circumstances. John 3:16 has the final word about that. It’s just that sometimes life hurts so much.

 

Yet, we do have His sacred promise that although we now see through a glass darkly, then we will know even as we are known. And we will praise Him for eternity for what He has done in our lives while we lived our lives, and suffered through our losses, on this side of eternity.

 

The older I grow, the more longingly I look for that day.

No comments: