There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Friday, June 28, 2019

It Ain't Easy. But It's Important.

I've heard Mahatma Gandhi remarked, “Oh, I don’t reject Christ. I love Christ. It’s just that so many of you Christians are so unlike Christ. If Christians would really live according to the teachings of Christ as found in the Bible all of India would be Christian today.” Isn't Gandhi’s observation applicable not only to India but to America and the rest of the world? If every Christian faithfully obeyed Jesus Christ, followed His commandments and lived according to Biblical principles, then what a different world this would be. Oh, God!  Start the process with me! Where does the process start? Hear what the Holy Spirit writes through St. Paul: “I beseech you, therefore brethren . . . . that you present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice to God . . . And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind . . . ." (Romans 12:1-2) How can we permit God to renew our mind? By immersing ourselves in what He tells us through Scripture and the historic teaching of the Church dating from the first century. Is that easy?  No. Not usually. But is it important? What do you think?

No comments: