There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

In the beginning . . .

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. And the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. Then God said . . . . "

Often, in the midst of my own darkness and formlessness, I've wondered if God was absent. The silence only deepened my confusion and, to be honest, my depression. And I understood a little of what St. John of the Cross called his "dark night of the soul."

It was the same dark night that Mother Theresa endured. And St. Therese of Lisieux. And so many others of God's children.

"Then God said . . . .

He spoke a word during my time of prayer, or reading Scripture, or hearing a homily, or lyrics of a song -- God said: "I will never leave you, or forsake you." He said, "I have called you by name; you are Mine."

If God is for us, who -- or what -- can be against us?

No comments: