There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Bottom Steps

During Mass the choir sang a hymn based on these words from Jeremiah 29: For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

That last statement, “You will find me when you seek me with all your heart” stuck with me, and I realized the more I seek Him, the more of Him I find. The less I search for Him . . . well, you get the point.

We get what we pay for.

Truth is, until I’m willing to pay the price of time -- and obedience -- Christ will meet me just where I want to meet Him. And I am growing restless meeting him at the bottom steps of a long ladder reaching toward heaven.

1 comment:

NCSue said...

Absolutely true.