There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

More Thanh We Want to Pay

My father could not stay out of other women’s beds. I was four when my mother finally had enough of his lies and broken promises and serial adultery. She filed for divorce and sent him packing. I still remember sitting on the black couch when mom told me that he was not coming home anymore. That was 68 years ago.

I was in my early thirties when I learned that he had died in his sleep lying next to his fourth wife. The saddest part of this story is that unless he repented of his godlessness before he died, he is in hell right now, as I type these words. And he will remain in agony for eternity. He also knows, and will never ever be able to forget, that he chose his destiny for a few moments of lustful pleasure.

Albert is an example to me. He ought to be an example to everyone reading this. The wages of sin is eternal death. And those who serve themselves will forever experience that agonizingly and unending conscious death.

It is only those who have turned their hearts to Messiah Jesus, it is only those who have repented of their sins and sought God’s forgiveness, it is only those who will experience eternal life.

Sin will take us where we do not want to go. Sin will keep us longer than we want to stay. And sin will cost us more than we want to pay.

That is why the Holy Spirit says to me – and to you – be aware of how you live your life.


No comments: