There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Saturday, April 23, 2022

Consider the Moon

Do you know how sometimes you can see the moon in the morning? That’s what happened to me today. As I’m walking Frenchie around the house at 8 o’clock – I got a late start to my day – as I’m walking him around the house to do his business, I looked up and saw the moon in the northern sky.

And I stopped. And I looked at it in unexpected awe. And the words of the psalmist suddenly flowed across my mind: “O LORD, our Lord, how excellent is Your name in all the earth, who have set Your glory above the heavens! . . . When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained, what is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of man that You visit him?”

I stopped praying and just stood quietly. I couldn’t take my eyes off the moon.

“Yes,” I whispered to myself, “When I consider the heavens, the moon and the stars which You have made, surely, what is man? What are the nations, what are the peoples of the nations, what are the individual men and women who make up the nations?”

And then the Holy Spirit suddenly broke into my thoughts. “So, Richard, why are you worried about what’s happening in the world? Is not the One who made the sun and the moon and the stars the same One who has power and authority and dominion over all the nations, over all of its people, and over each individual man and woman? Fear not, Richard. I have redeemed you. And I have called you by name. You are mine.”

Wow. What a message to my heart.

And so, Christian, consider doing this the next time you see the moon: If you can, stop what you’re doing and stare at it for a while. And think about the heavens, the moon and the stars which our God has made. And fear not. He has also redeemed YOU. He has also called YOU by name.

YOU are his.

No comments: