There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Thursday, March 7, 2019

Not Forsaken

I recently read Isaiah 49:14: “But Zion said, “The Lord has forsaken me, and the Lord has forgotten me.” And I wondered how Israel could think such a thing? Chosen by God Himself through the loins of Abraham – whom God called 'friend' (2 Chronicles 20:7) – Zion convinced herself that God had turned His back on her. I know how such thoughts can take root. For a brief period in recent days it happened to me. Brief – but it happened. And I know the same thing has happened in the past to many other men and women who’ve given their hearts to God, and whom God calls His friends (see John 15:15). Thoughts like these often consume us when events turn disastrous, when heaven seems like brass, and we think our desperate prayers get no further than our lips. No wonder it is so easy to believe the lies whispered from the caverns of hell, “The Lord has forsaken you. The Lord has forgotten you.” But read the next verse in Isaiah – verse 15: “Can a woman forget her nursing child, and have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, but I will not forget you. Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of my hands, your walls are continually before me.” Who will we believe? Oh, Holy Spirit!  Help us to NOT believe everything we think. Help us take every thought captive to obedience to your word, and to rest in your unchanging faithfulness to your promises. For the sake of Jesus and His honor. Amen.

No comments: