There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Monday, August 3, 2015

Jesus Did Not Come for Everyone

"It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  (Mark 2:17)

Many think Jesus came for everyone. For men. For women. For everyone.

But that is not true. He Himself said He did not come to call the healthy, but the sick; He did not come for the righteous, but for the unrighteous. He did not come for those who say, “I see”, but for those aware of their blindness. 

He did not come for the self-important, but for those who hunger for God.  He did not come for those proud of their lives and lifestyles, but for those who know they need a shepherd.

He did not come for those who think themselves, “Good enough”, but for those who beg of Him, “Be merciful to me, the sinner.”

Jesus did not come for everyone.

Did He come for you?

2 comments:

Bella said...

Most assuredly. If anyone needs a shepherd, it's me.

Rich Maffeo said...

Don't you just love St. Paul's comment in 1 Timothy 1:15-16 --

"It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all. 16 Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life."

rich