There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Forget What's Past

Brethren . . . one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as are perfect [i.e. mature], have this attitude . . . (Philippians 3:13-15)

As I read St. Paul’s words, the Holy Spirit again reminded me, “Be mature in your confidence in God’s mercy. Don’t live in the past with all your regrets. Press forward toward Jesus. Forget those things you’ve confessed and are now covered with the blood of eternal forgiveness. Put them behind you, those things now hidden by the blood of God’s eternal forgetfulness.

“Richard,” He reminded me again, “Fix your eyes on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith.” (Hebrews 12:2)

Perhaps the way the Holy Spirit used that text to again reassure me, you also will find comfort in His promise to not only forgive, but to forever forget.

Christian, forget the past, and press on toward Jesus.

No comments: