There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Nausea

I posted this just a few short months ago. Events of the last several days beg me to repeat the post because the issues before the Church are so potent and so destructive to the sheep that I have trouble keeping quiet.

I am reminded of the words of the Jewish prophet Hosea: My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge (4:6). Surely that is why the Church through the Catechism repeatedly enjoins the faithful to read the Word of God. To study it. To apply it to their lives. For if we do not, we will fall for all kinds of godless philosophies, to our destruction and the destruction of our children and families.
----------------------------

But because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold, not hot, I will begin to vomit thee out of my mouth. (Revelation 3:16, Douay-Rheims Bible)

I have for years held an intellectual understanding of the Lord’s rebuke of the lukewarm Laodecian church. But my understanding of late has undergone a transformation. The intellectual has become visceral.

It happened as I suddenly awoke to the speed at which moral decay is sweeping our land, putrefication so noxious it surely stinks to the highest heaven. While all the while the hand-wringing, speeches and statements of churchmen and women of all labels, but especially of leaders appointed by God to lead His flock . . . . all the while the Church, except for very rare exceptions– the Church remains stunningly silent, willfully impotent, and spinelessly unwilling to mount an offense neither for God, nor for His sheep. 

I understand the Lord’s nausea over a lukewarm Church.

I’m a little nauseous myself.

No comments: