There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Friday, July 8, 2022

Can you believe it?

 

Jesus told the smug religious guy: “For this reason I say to you, her sins, which are many, have been forgiven . . .” (Luke 7:47).

I memorized that text some time ago because I so love its message.

Christian! Can you believe it? Just think what that promise means! All your sins, every last stain of every sin you ever committed against the Almighty, Holy God – from the worst thing you have ever done to the ones you think are tiny – all, all, all washed away in the blood of the Lamb. Every, EVERY sin – those you remember and confessed, and even the ones you long forgot.

Completely, totally, forever expunged from your record. Purified by the blood of Christ, never ever to be remembered by God ever again.

OH! Can you believe it? Oh, I so hope so. You can believe it because He promised – He promised it to be true.

No wonder we sing: “Thank you, Lord, for saving my soul. Thank you, Lord, for making me whole. Thank you, Lord, for giving to me, Thy great salvation so rich and free.”

No comments: