There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Monday, March 15, 2021

Arise, My Darling

Arise, My Darling

 

One of my memory verses is Song of Solomon 2:10-13. As I rehearsed the passage the other day, my mind suddenly jumped to the Lord’s promise in John 14: “In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. (John 14:2-3, NASB)

 

Christian, would you like some GOOD news? And if you are paying any attention to current events, this is news that ought to make your heart sing with hope-filled longing: Jesus will return for us. He promised to do so.

 

That’s why when I meditated on the verse in Solomon’s Song, I could almost hear that trumpet. I hope this text speaks encouragement to your heart as you also wait:  

 

“My beloved spoke and said to me, ‘Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, come with me. See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the [land]; the season of singing has come; the cooing of doves is heard in our land. The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance. Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me.’” (Song of Solomon 2:10-13. NIV)

 

Jesus calls you and me His ‘beautiful one.’ And He tells us to come along with Him. I can almost see the neighborhood in which my beloved Bridegroom is building my heavenly dwelling place.

 

And I am so ready to move in.


No comments: