There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Monday, February 1, 2021

He Will Embrace You

As part of my memory work (and it is work!) I reviewed this portion of Psalm 103:The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in mercy. He will not always contend with us, nor will He keep His anger forever. He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him.”(vv. 8-11) 

And the Lord reminded me of something He’d told me some time ago. I’ve shared it with others before, but I think I should now share it again. Someone might need this reminder of the Lord’s love for them, too. 

 

It happened several months ago. I had sinned the same sin for the hundredth time. I felt guilty, ashamed, dirty, unworthy, helpless, and hopeless. I couldn’t even look to heaven when I said, “Father, I’m so tired of having to apologize for the same thing again and again. I’m so tired . . . . 

 

Before I could finish my confession, the Lord stopped me in mid-sentence. And He said to me, “But I never get tired of hearing you say it. Nor do I tire of forgiving you and loving you.” 

 

Listen please, whoever you are, whatever you’ve done, and however often you have done it: The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in mercy. He will not always contend with us, nor will He keep His anger forever. He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him.”

Won’t you come to Him again in repentance? Even if it is for the hundredth time. He will embrace you – because He loves you. Very, very much. 


No comments: