There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Monday, November 30, 2020

The Nets Didn't Break

 John tells us in the last chapter of his gospel, when the disciples got out of the boat and stepped onto the beach, “they saw a charcoal fire already laid and fish placed on it, and bread. Jesus said to them, “Bring some of the fish which you have now caught.” Simon Peter went up and drew the net to land, full of large fish, a hundred and fifty-three; and although there were so many, the net was not torn.

That’s a lot of fish, probably much more than their nets would normally hold. Otherwise John would not have added the detail of the number of fish caught, and then add: “The net was not torn.”
And so, not only was the catch supernatural, but the net’s strength was also supernatural.

Do you feel the weight you carry today is too heavy to endure? Do you sense something is about to break at any moment?

Please listen: God cares more about YOU than He cares about fishing nets. That’s why He made an unfailing promise to you and to me: “No testing has overtaken you that is not common to everyone. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it.” (1 Corinthians 10:13, NRSV)

Will you trust Him one more day? And then the next? And the next? He will NOT fail you.

Hear again what God says: “Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will also help you, I will also uphold you with My righteous right hand.’(Isaiah 41:10, NASB)

No comments: