There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Don't Dilute Truth!


I love science, especially biology, anatomy, and physiology as they relate to the human body. I have studied medical and pharmaceutical-related textbooks and lectured for years on the subjects. 

It does not surprise me when I speak with biblically illiterate men and women – many of whom, I soon discover, took no more than the few required science courses in college – it doesn’t surprise me that they fall lockstep behind evolutionists who preach that the stunning complexity of the human body is simply a matter of billions of years of slow and progressive changes. 

Really? So, knowing what medical science now knows about that complexity of the human body, how did the first humans evolve before the pancreas developed its essential exocrine and endocrine functions? How did the first humans not die within hours before the liver evolved sufficiently to develop its critical array of functions related to blood coagulation, body metabolism, immunity, and about a thousand other critical bodily functions (okay, ‘a thousand’ is hyperbole, but you get the point). 

How did the first humans survive without the brainstem, the cranial nerves, the cerebellum, the cerebral spinal fluid, the spinal cord, and the skeletal structures that protect them all? What about the functions of the lungs and the kidneys? Apart from the most visible function of respiration and elimination (far more complex that that brief description) how did the first human evolve without those organs critical (there is that word again) to maintain the acid-base balance of our blood within a very tight range? 

What do we say about the essential electrolytes such as calcium, potassium, sodium, and a host of other vital chemical and hormonal reactions without which life would not exist? How did the first humans survive the first HOURS after evolving from a lower stage? 

And how did the first male and the female of the species evolve at the same time and in the same geographical place to propagate our species? And what about the hormones necessary for reproduction and nurturing of the fetus? 

The questions we SHOULD ask are nearly endless – and none of them can be explained with the knee-jerk response, “It took time.”  Too many things had to occur simultaneously for life to exist. 

No, it does not surprise me when the biblically illiterate fall lockstep in with other biblically illiterates. “Group Think” is nearly always a dangerous practice. 

But what DOES surprise me is when biblically LITERATE start spouting evolutionary theory as if it is an unquestionably proven fact. 

I got to thinking about this after a brief discussion on one of my online discussion pages with a group of religious folk, some of whom implied that I am a backwoods superstitious yokel because I believe the Biblical account of the sudden and special creation of Adam and Eve; that they were real and historical people – which, by the way, Jesus and the apostle Paul also believed. (for example, Matthew 19:4-6; 1 Timothy 4:12-14; 1 Corinthians 15 and Romans 5). 

Listen! God is the God of the supernatural. Let me repeat that for emphasis: God is the God of the supernatural. When we dilute our faith in God’s omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence we cannot logically stop our dilution with the Creation account. What do we do with the Ten Plagues? The Red Sea? The virgin birth? Feeding the 5,000? The resurrection of Jesus? What do we do with the inspiration and the infallibility of the Scriptures? 

We do not need to dilute the truth in order to make truth more appealing to skeptics. Our responsibility is to simply tell others what the Bible clearly teaches.  Let the supernatural Holy Spirit do with our words as He chooses. 

After all, it is He who said: 

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts. “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return there without watering the earth and making it bear and sprout, and furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater; So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It will not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.” 

And it is He who also said: “For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written, “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the cleverness of the clever I will set aside.” (1 Corinthians 1:18)


No comments: