There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Not Really a Conundrum

Oh, this excites me. Every time I think of it I nearly shout, "Hallelujah." This is part of what I will share with those I preach to each Sunday:
---------
What I am about to ask you might seem rudimentary, but I have a good reason for asking it: Do you believe God loves you?

If ever there was a doubt about that, then all we need to do is look to Calvary’s hill. God demonstrated His unconditional love for you and me when He sent His beloved Son to die as payment for the penalty God requires of 'us' for our sins.

That penalty is death.

God’s holy justice must be satisfied – His immutable justice that requires the death of the sinner. For example, Ezekiel 18:4 – “The soul that sins shall die.” And also Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

But God is also merciful. So how can we justly juxtapose His justice and His mercy so that both His justice and His mercy are satisfied? That’s not such a conundrum. God sent His Son to die in our place. That’s why Jesus’ death is called a substitutionary atonement, a propitiary sacrifice. That’s what the Greek word translated into the English ‘propitiation’ means: A substitutionary sacrifice to appease the wrath of God. You will find that powerful truth in Romans 3:25, Hebrews 2:17; 1 John 2:2 and 4:10.

Remember: God so loved YOU that He gave His only begotten Son, that if you believe in Christ, you would not perish, but have everlasting life.

Oh, think of it! While you and I were still sinning, Jesus died for us, to take our punishment (Romans 5:8). Why does ANYONE turn their back of such a merciful offer from the Almighty God?


No comments: