There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Arise!

Tabitha fell sick and died. Her friends, most of whom were widows, heard Peter was staying nearby, so they sent word begging him to come to them. When Peter arrived, he “sent them all out and knelt down and prayed, and turning to the body, he said, ‘Tabitha, arise.’ And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter, she sat up.” (Acts 9:40) As I read this scenario I suddenly realized – oh, how glorious it will be – that on the day when you and I who love Jesus – when you and I die, Jesus will say to us: “Richard, arise.” “Shawn, arise.” “Enrique, arise.” “Kathleen, arise.” “Nancy, arise.” “(Add your name here), arise.” And then it will happen! We will open our eyes, and when we see Jesus, we will sit up – not here on earth, but there in our new and heavenly home. Oh! Hallelujah! “Death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?” The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 15)

No comments: