There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Thursday, November 1, 2018

He is Searching

“O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, and are intimately acquainted with all my ways. Even before there is a word on my tongue, behold, O Lord, You know it all. (Psalm 139:1-4) 

I reread this section the other day and stopped at these first few verses. 

Who searches anything without first being interested to do so? That is why this text encourages me – and can encourage everyone who reads it. Why? Because God is interested enough in you to search you -- and to search FOR you. 

Do you remember Jesus’ parable of the Lost Sheep in Luke 15:4-7?  

What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open pasture and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.” 

The Good Shepherd is searching for you. And for me. He searches because He loves each one of His sheep.

Each. One. 

He loves us, even knowing when and where we lie down, when and where we rise up. He loves us even knowing our thoughts, our sins, our doubts, our confusions, and our failures. 

He loves us. He searches us. He searches FOR us because He really, really cares for us. He really, really wants to bring us home to His fold. 

Please. Be confident today – and all your tomorrows – in that unalterable, unchangeable promise of God. 

No comments: