There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Someone Has To Say It

Part of the message I will preach tomorrow is taken from John 14. Here are some of the salient points:

A. Jesus said (verse 1): “Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.”

Now here is an absolutely astounding proclamation, that we should believe in him, trust him, honor him, have the same relationship with him, as we do with the Father. Think of what an horrendous message that is – if Jesus is simply a mere human.

B. Jesus said (verses 2-3) “In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.”

Here Jesus assures us of at least two things. Number one: Heaven is not a make-believe destination. It is a physically tangible place where all of His followers will spend eternity. And number two: He will physically return for all those who call Him their Lord.

C. Jesus said (verses 4-6) “And you know the way where I am going.” Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?” Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.”

Here again is yet another extraordinarily offensive statement for a mere mortal to make – but one that is profoundly urgent if spoken by God-in-the-flesh. There is only one gate through which all must pass to enter heaven. One gate. One way. One path. One Person.

Buddhism is not that way. Islam is not that way. Hinduism is not that way. Humanism is not that way. Doing good works is not that way.

If you are a Christian reading this, then hear this: We must say it and say it often: Jesus is the only way, the only gate, the only path to heaven and eternal life. No one – no one – no one comes to the Father except through Him.

To dilute that message is to do nothing less than blaspheme God.

No comments: