There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Monday, July 4, 2016

Let Down the Nets

I wrote this several years ago. It is still current. I hope it encourages you:
-------
Let Down the Nets

Exhaustion settled over Peter and the others. Exhaustion and disappointment. They'd labored all night with nothing to show for it.  The morning sun found them on the shore, washing their nets and getting ready to head for home empty handed.

Then Jesus came along and told them to push out again into the water and let down their nets.

And that's when St. Peter said something I hope to never forget -- and to always put into practice, regardless how tired or discouraged I might be:

Master, we worked hard all night and caught nothing, but at your bidding I will let down the nets (Luke 5:5).

My responsibility is not to assess the outcome of my work for His kingdom -- even if my work looks useless. My responsibility is to simply do what He tells me to do -- again and again -- even if I don't see the value in it.

But at Your bidding I will let down the nets.

No comments: