There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Friday, November 20, 2015

God is Pro-Choice



I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants, by loving the Lord your God, by obeying His voice, and by holding fast to Him; for this is your life and the length of your days . . . (Deuteronomy 30:19-20).

It should surprise no one that God is pro-choice. He didn't create us to render robotic obedience to Him. If we couldn't disobey, then our obedience would be meaningless. Which is why, because He desires humanity to willingly return His love, He made a strategic, yet risky decision at our creation.

He let us choose whom we will serve, whom we will love, and whom we will obey.

Choices, of course, carry consequences. 

The consequence for a lifestyle of obedience to Him results in complete, through and through, forgiveness for the sins we bring Him in repentance. He offers us to intimately know Him in this life, and in the one which lasts forever.

The consequence for a lifestyle of disobedience results in inevitable and eternal judgment for the sins we have committed, and in painful and unending separation from Him in the life which lasts forever.

Which is why He pleads with us: 

Choose wisely.

4 comments:

Francisco Javier said...

I am spanish, I am sorry, my english is poor. Espero tomar el camino correcto, el de la vida. Dios tenga misericordia y perdone mis pecados.
Atención a las letras mayúsculas
I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the BLESSING and the CURSE. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants, by loving the Lord your God, by obeying His voice, and by holding fast to Him; for this is your life and the length of your days . . . (Deuteronomy 30:19-20).
Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are BLESSED by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. h For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me,
MATTHEW 25: 34-35
Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you ACCURSED, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,
Matthew 25

Rich Maffeo said...

Thank you, Javier. Your English is better than my Spanish ;-)

Francisco Javier said...

Google translator will help your Spanish :)

Francisco Javier said...

Google translator will help your Spanish :)