There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Friday, September 11, 2015

Unfulfilled




"All to Jesus I surrender;
all to him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust him,
in his presence daily live."

"I surrender all, I surrender all,
all to thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all."


During prayer this morning the lyrics of J. W. Van Deventer’s hymn floated into my mind. As I sang them silently to myself, I stopped a moment to consider what it means to surrender all – ‘all’ as in everything in my life.

It didn’t take long to realize it’s much easier to surrender my finances, my time, even my health, than to surrender my most cherished and treasured unfulfilled hopes and dreams.

That doesn’t free me from the challenge to surrender even those things. 

It is just so much more difficult to do so.

No comments: