There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

I Know How it Ends


There will no longer be any curse; and the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His bond-servants will serve Him; they will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads. And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever. (Revelation 22:3-5)

I finished reading Revelation again this morning. As I read the last chapter, three thoughts flowed into my mind, one on top of the other:

"In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me?" (from Psalm 56)

"Oh death! Where is your victory? Oh death, where is your sting?" (from 1 Corinthians 15);

I even rejoiced aloud, "what can the devil himself do to me?" 

Although terrible and evil things are overtaking our nation and our world, I thank God I’ve read the last chapter of the Book.

I know how it ends.

2 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Yes, terrible things are happening throughout the world. Looking at it from the UK I sometimes feel Christianity is in retreat here. God, and belief in God is often mocked on TV and the radio. To proclaim you're a Christian leaves you open to ridicule.

As you say ... we know the end. Prayers always.

God bless.

Rich Maffeo said...

And, Victor, it would require purposeful blindness to not recognize America is headed down the same path.