There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Friday, May 23, 2014

Why Do We Say It?

I posted this to my blog late in 2011. The question remains relevant to me. Perhaps also to you.

 

Therefore Pilate . . . summoned Jesus and said to Him, “Are You the King of the Jews?” Jesus answered, “Are you saying this on your own initiative, or did others tell you about Me?” (John 18:33-34)

Why do we believe Jesus is King? And Lord?
Because our parents told us it’s so?
Our teachers? Pastors?
Books we’ve read?
Homilies we’ve heard?

Or do we believe Jesus is King,
and Lord,
because we’ve met Him.
Because we know Him.
Because we speak with Him.

Believing in Jesus is not the same as
believing Jesus.
Trusting in Jesus is not the same as
trusting Jesus.

Which is why
what the Lord asked of Pilate
He asks also of you
and me:
“Do you call Me King,
and Lord,
on your own initiative?

Or because of what others have told you of Me?”

No comments: