There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Thursday, May 1, 2014

The God of Good For



 "Moreover, you took your sons and daughters whom you had borne to Me and sacrificed them to idols to be devoured. Were your harlotries so small a matter?  You slaughtered  My children and offered them up to idols by causing them to pass through the fire" (Ezekiel 16:20-21).

And because of their tireless and stubborn slaughter of the innocents, within a generation God sent devastation across Israel and dragged His Chosen people into more than 70 years of captivity and slavery.

We do not now sacrifice our children to idols of stone or wood. Instead we slaughter them on the altars of less tangible gods –gods of Me and My, of gods we call:  

Good for Me.
Good for My career.
Good for My happiness.
Good for My comfort.
Good for My convenience.
Good for My pleasure.
Good for My finances.
Good for My plans.
Good for My  . . . .

In the last generation Americans slaughtered 55 million innocent children to those gods, children whom God gave us, children we sacrificed on altars of unfettered self-indulgence.

Do we really believe we will not face our own disaster unless we repent?

But what would happen in America if every bishop, every priest, every pastor, every deacon who calls Jesus Lord stood before congregations next Sunday, and every Sunday until the slaughter stops  -- what would happen if they warned their congregations that to support politicians who support abortion is to share in their murderous practice, and therefore place themselves in mortal danger of sharing their eternal damnation?*

What would happen in America if every Christian in every pew in every church across denominational lines would tell their bishops and priests and pastors and deacons – stand with us against the slaughter to the idols of Me and My?

As God’s warning remains ever current, so does His promise:  “If My people, who are called by My name, humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and forgive their sins, and heal their land” (2 Chronicles 7:14).

* 2 John verses 10-11



No comments: