There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Friday, April 29, 2011

The Lonesome Valley

Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there . . . If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, Even there Your hand will lead me, and Your right hand will lay hold of me (Psalm 139:7-10).


Some in the Church think,
others believe,
and yet others live,
as if they walk
a lonesome valley
by themselves.

Alone.

That nobody else
walks it
with them.

But how can that be
When God Himself
says –

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they will not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched,
nor will the flame burn you. (1)

Can a woman forget her nursing child
and have no compassion on the son of her womb?
Even these may forget, but I will not forget you.
Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;
Your walls are continually before Me. (2)

I am with you always, even to the end of the age. (3)

No.
We do not walk a lonesome valley
by ourselves.
Alone.

Forgotten.

To think that,
to believe that,
to live as if that
is true
is to think,
believe,
and live

a lie.

Oh!
Who will tell them
the truth?


(1) Isaiah 43:2
(2) Isaiah 43:15-16
(3) Matthew 28:20

No comments: