There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Temples

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?
(1 Corinthians 6:19)


Isn’t it curious
that the holy,
awesome,
magnificent God
thinks us so precious,
so lovely,
so worth His attention
that He
literally
lives
in us,
makes us a temple
for His Holy Spirit.

Yet, knowing this,
so many of us,
think
ourselves worthless.
We listen to lies
that whisper
“Can’t”
“Won’t”
“Impossible”
“Failure.”

While all the while,
the Holy Spirit rests quietly in His temple,
yearning that we see ourselves
as He sees us.


5 comments:

Patricia said...

Richard, I never come to your blog without receiving a kiss, an embrace, a whisper, a breath from God.

Thank you!

Rich Maffeo said...

And I thank you for letting me know.

rich

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful. We know this is true when we feel it in our inmost being - our very hearts.
Thank you for your beautiful words.
Andie

Rich Maffeo said...

Thanks. And your site is also worth reading. I have linked to it on my blog.

Rich Maffeo said...

Thanks. And your site is also worth reading. I have linked to it on my blog.