There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Saturday, January 13, 2024

God's Version

CS Lewis said it pretty well. But I like God's version better. I reread His version again this morning. The context is Peter’s vision of the sheet descending from heaven – the sheet filled with all kinds of non-kosher animals, reptiles, and birds – all of which God had declared through Moses to be unclean and not to be eaten by Jews.

 

As Peter watches this vision unfold, A voice came to him, “Get up, Peter, kill and eat!” But Peter said, “By no means, Lord, for I have never eaten anything unholy and unclean.” Again a voice came to him a second time, “What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy.” (Acts 10:13-15)

 

It was the last sentence that captured my attention this morning: “What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy.” Said another way could be, I suppose: “Whatever sins God has cleansed, no long consider unclean and unforgiven.”

 

Lewis said it this way: If God forgives us, we must forgive ourselves. Otherwise, it’s like setting up ourselves as a higher tribunal than Him.”

 

Lewis’ is good. But I really like God's better. And so, the point: Christian – have you confessed and repented of your sins? If so, then don’t let yourself call God a liar when He tells you you’re now clean; When He tells you you’re now forgiven.

No comments: