There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

The Monster

 

I control the monster. Frenchie doesn’t think I do, but I do.

Whenever I break out our Black and Decker electric sweeper, our 12-month-old Bichon breaks the sound-barrier running from room to room in fear to get away from the thing.

I tell him there’s nothing to be afraid of. But he’ll have none of it. I can turn the thing on and off at will. But does that convince my puppy of my power over the monster? No, it does not.

When it happened again last evening, I thought of the text in 1 Peter 5: “Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. But resist him, firm in your faith.”

Christian, listen! Satan may rage and prowl about – but he has no authority or power over anyone who is a child of God through faithful obedience to Jesus Christ.

God controls that monster. He can turn the beast on and off at will, if He chooses to do so. And certainly, Satan can do NOTHING without the express consent of Jesus, his Creator.

So please, hear well the Scripture: "[Christ] is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.” (Colossians 1:15-17).

Child of God, do not fear the Monster. God controls his every movement. At times, you might not think that true, but it IS true – at ALL times. Satan is a toothless and clawless creature as he rages against the child of God.

My brother and sister in Christ – stand your ground. Put on the full armor of God and through Christ alone, ignore his growls. He cannot hurt you. God controls the monster.

No comments: