There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Saturday, September 12, 2020

Another Hard Lesson

 Here is another hard lesson the Lord continues to try to teach me. 

I listened this morning to the hymn, “I surrender all.” Many of you know the song: “All to Jesus I surrender, all to Him I freely give; I will ever love and trust Him, in His presence daily live. I surrender all, I surrender all; All to Thee, my blessed Savior, I surrender all.” 


That song challenges me every time I think about the lyrics. 


“I surrender all” to Jesus means more than a simple surrender of my time, talent, and treasure. I must ALSO every day surrender my expectations, my hopes, and my response to God’s ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to my prayers. I must surrender it all to God’s will. 


Nor must surrendering it all to God be a sullen resignation. That is not what God hopes from us, a sullen resignation. Rather my surrender of all should be a child-like offering of all that I have and for all that I hope. 


All of it. 


That’s what “I surrender all” means. 


Oh, Lord, change my heart – every day – that I might every day surrender all. Amen. 

No comments: