There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Death is Dead

I read 2 Timothy earlier today. Verse 10 of chapter one has stayed with me. Here is the context, beginning at verse 9:

“[God] has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus . . . who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. (2 Timothy 1:9-10)

It’s that last clause that caught my attention: “[Jesus] abolished death.”

Let the impact of that ineffable truth seep through your spirit for a while.

Jesus Christ abolished death. He put an end to it. He annulled it. Made it void.

Jesus. Killed. Death.

That’s why He told Martha: “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die.”

Oh! Christian – Encourage one another with that glorious promise!

No comments: