There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Please! Develop the Habit



This note is specifically for my fellow Catholics, but if you’re a Protestant, I offer it to you as well.

The psalmist, in writing about those who desire to walk closely with God, writes this in Psalm 1: “But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night.”  Later, in Psalm 119, the psalmist adds: “Thy word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.”

If we have access to a Bible, there is simply no other way to grow in our understanding of God than to consistently and reflectively read His word. That’s the way He designed it. If we have access to it, and ignore it, we should not expect Him to change the rules for us.

Some time ago I posted my recommended Bible Reading Plan. The plan can be started any time during the year.  http://bit.ly/2cv5cee 

Please!  Develop a habit of reading His book every day.

No comments: