There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

His Name is Jonathan



His name is Jonathan. Our meeting this evening at Kroger’s Market is nothing short of God-ordained.

It began earlier today when Nancy returned home from shopping and told me she lost her credit card – probably in the Kroger parking lot. We knew it would be useless to try to find it, so she called the bank and cancelled the card. A few hours later we had dinner, and I decided to take my usual after-dinner walk. We needed butter, so I walked the 15 minutes to the store.

When I arrived, I thought on a whim to ask the woman behind the customer service desk if anyone had turned in a credit card. She told me, “No,” so I thanked her and walked away. Not ten steps later she called me back. A man – Jonathan – was standing at the customer service counter. He had just turned in a credit card. He said he found it in the parking lot.

It was Nancy’s.

Suddenly aware of how this meeting could not have been planned by anyone but God, I repeatedly thanked Jonathan for his honesty and then told him I was going to pray for him. When I opened my walled to offer him money to emphasize my gratitude, he said to me, “I’d rather have your prayers than your money.”

How extraordinary!
 
If you are of a mind to do so, would you also pray for Jonathan – for health, for finances, a relationship – I’ve no idea what he needs most. But God certainly does. I cannot doubt, considering the randomness of the timing of our meeting, that our meeting was orchestrated by God. Nor can I doubt that God has

4 comments:

StrahlenGrace said...

Hi Rich, Isn't it amazing how amazed we are when someone does the right thing or when God arranges for us to meet the person who does? I love that this person asked you to pray for him as his reward. I will definitely do so today!

As a single mom of five boys, I was really struggling when something similar happened to me. I share about that here: http://www.singlemomsmiling.com/coincidencei-met-two-angels-today/ Thanks for reminding me of how beautiful these two women were and how perfectly God watches over us! :)

Rich Maffeo said...

I hope now to never forget how intimately involved God is in our moment by moment lives.

Anonymous said...

On Christmas Day 2019, I was teaching my 20 year old son about trusting God for everything. We were In Miami and on south beach when I believe we met an angel. This man was doing a Magic show and had my sons attention. I got up from my seat and went to him and asked him to do a show for us next and gave him a $20 bill. The two men at the table he was at each gave him a dollar so he had $22. He came to our table next to say I’ll be right back and went to the table beyond where ours was and he handed two children each a dollar. The Bible says that children represent the king of God and I told my son that man just gave back to the Lord. The man came back and did a trick for us and knocked me dead in my eyes and said if you have God you have everything I said what did you say and he said it again. I said will you tell my son that? So he told my son that. He then left and I asked the waiter if he knew who he was and the waiter said no. The waiters know The entertainers on the strip but he’s never seen this one before. A week later I New Year’s at midnight our lives turned upside down and all of 2020 has been crazy. Just the other day my son said dad God takes care of the birds he will surely take care of us and last night I met a man named Josiah And he said the same thing that my son said you’ve been told me he was an angel of the Lord and begin to preach and he surely knew his scripture as I was familiar with all that he was saying. I’ve been asking God to send angels to fight my battles which I have many right now so I believe that God is really answering my prayers and sending angels and confirming it. Please pray for me. I have legal battles I’ve lost my business home and my family has been destroyed after being a family that share the gospel with everybody they could and was trying to start a church in the roughest part of the city. God bless you

Rich Maffeo said...

The writer to the Hebrews tells us: Let brotherly love continue. Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels. (Hebrews 13:1-2).

May the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, comfort you with confidence in His watchcare. May He meet now every financial, emotional, spiritual and physical need you bring before Him for yourself and your family.

God is always aware of the sparrows, and He is always and even more so aware of His children's needs.