There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Why Else Would He Say It?



Now return to the Lord your God, for He is gracious and compassionate, Slow to anger, abounding in lovingkindness. (Joel 2:13)

Sometimes I think many think God is quick tempered, impatient, and intolerant of our moral failures. Sometimes I think they think God stands with clenched fists ready to strike those who turn aside to the right or to the left. 

But what is the mission and the message of the most sacred heart of Jesus? Is it not to demonstrate by His sacrificial death for us the immeasurable promise that God is slow to anger, that He overflows with mercy – and that He stands with open hands, ready to sprinkle cleansing and restorative blood from Christ’s wounds on every prodigal who returns from the right or the left? 

Why else would Jesus have said: Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28)?

So . . . won't you come home to Jesus?

No comments: