There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

How Long?


So I’m reading the psalms – psalm 13 in particular. And the Holy Spirit drew my attention to David’s question. Not once, or twice, but four times in two verses he asks it . . . . How long . . . How long . . . How long . . . .How long?

Then I noticed the third stanza: I trust in You. I rejoice in You. I sing of You. 

In the midst of his utter confusion, his fear, and bewilderment, David takes his soul by the scruff of the neck, lifts his voice to God and declares – I will not be moved from trusting you.

No wonder God calls David a man after His own heart. 

1 "How long, O LORD? Will You forget me forever?
How long will You hide Your face from me?
2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul,
Having sorrow in my heart all the day?
How long will my enemy be exalted over me?"


3 "Consider and answer me, O LORD my God;
Enlighten my eyes, or I will sleep the sleep of death,
4 And my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,”
And my adversaries will rejoice when I am shaken."


5 "But I have trusted in Your lovingkindness;
My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.
6 I will sing to the LORD,
Because He has dealt bountifully with me."

 

No comments: