There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Sunday, June 29, 2014

I Can Love You Like That



For Your love is better than wine!  -- Song of Solomon, 1:2

The longer I walk with Jesus, the more I learn to love Solomon’s Song. You will find it in the Old Testament just after Ecclesiastes. If you have time today, spend 15 or 20 minutes reading it. As you read, pay attention to what the Bride, the Groom, and the Chorus each say.

For two millennia theologians have viewed the Song of Solomon as a love song – not only between Solomon and his beloved, but also between Jesus and His Beloved – which is His Church, His Bride.

In other words, it is a love song from Jesus to those who love Him. It is a love song from Jesus to me. And to you.

During my recent time with the Lord, I thought of Solomon’s Song as I listened with my eyes closed to John Michael Montgomery’s, I Can Love You Like That. With very few modifications in the lyrics, it was easy to imagine Jesus singing the song to me because the lyrics so closely mirror Scripture’s repeated declaration of Jesus’ love for me.

And for you.

Here is the song on YouTube. Close your eyes as you listen, and imagine your beloved Jesus singing it to you – because He will be: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xegmdki9krw

No comments: