There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

World Without End

As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.
 
 
“As it was in the beginning”

when darkness spread across the earth
and troubled waters
surged and foamed
and thrashed upon the land.
Then you spoke.
Simply, you spoke.
And beauty emerged from chaos.
 

“Is now”

when darkness spreads across my life
and troubled waters
surge and foam
and thrash my hopes
my dreams, even my faith.
I cry, “Lord!
Don’t you care that I perish?”
Then you speak.
Simply, you speak:
“Peace.  Be still.”
And beauty emerges from my chaos.
 

“And ever shall be”



as in that new city
which needs neither
sun by day,
nor moon by night,
for God Himself is its lamp;
where darkness and troubled waters
never come near;
where beauty and peace
never diminish.
Never.
Ever.


 
Shine, Jesus. Shine.
Shine across our world.
Shine across our nation,
across our homes
across our lives
across our destinies . . .
World without end.
 
Amen
 

Click this link for the song, Shine, Jesus, Shine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OIwSQmyCg4
 

4 comments:

Melanie Jean Juneau said...

smile- yes shine Jesus shine

Rich Maffeo said...

thanks to both of you for the comment . . . Melanie and Colleen.

Joann / lioness said...

I love this, Rich. It leads me to hoping and praying.

Rich Maffeo said...

Thanks, Joann. It's what I hope for.