There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Certainty above all Certainties

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all. (1 Timothy 1:15)


I don’t spend a lot of time
thinking about my sins.
To do so would be counter-productive
and send me easily to despair.

My baby slaughtered
in the abortion chamber.
Young women I turned
into whores and adulteresses.
Lies I told to gain advantage.
Thefts I committed because I could.

And those were the least of the sins
I’ve sinned in my life;
Sins which reenter my memory,
from time to time.
As at this time.

No, I do not spend a lot of time
thinking about my sins.
But when I do,
I remember that one certainty
above all glorious certainties
that erases my fear of judgment
because that certainty has certainly
wiped away
all of my stains.

What can wash away my sins?
Even the butchering
of my baby?
Nothing –
no, nothing but
the blood of Jesus.

What can make me whole again?
Make me a new creation?
Nothing –
no, nothing but
the blood of Jesus.

Yes, yes, how precious,
yes, yes, how marvelous,
yes, oh, yes how wondrous
the flow of soul-cleansing blood
from Christ’s wounds
that makes our darkness,
our deepest darkness,
our most vile darkness,
pure as snow.

Oh most holy,
most righteous and
eternal God,
who judges sin
and removes the impure,
the unclean,
the ungodly sinner
from Your Presence . . .

Thank you
for forgiveness.
Thank you
for reconciliation.

Thank you,
My God, I thank you,
for the blood of Jesus.

No comments: