There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Nausea

But because thou art lukewarm,
and neither cold, not hot,
I will begin to vomit thee out of my mouth.
(Revelation 3:16,
Catholic Douay-Rheims Bible)


I have
for years
held an intellectual understanding
of the Lord’s rebuke
of the lukewarm Laodecian church.

But my understanding
of late
has undergone
a transformation.

The intellectual has become visceral.

It happened as I suddenly awoke
to the speed at which
moral decay is sweeping our land,
putrefication so noxious
it surely stinks
to the highest heaven.

While all the while
the hand-wringing,
speeches and statements
of churchmen and women
of all labels,
but especially of leaders
appointed by God
to lead His flock . . . .

While all the while the Church,
except for rare exceptions–
remains stunningly silent,
willfully impotent,
and spinelessly unwilling
to mount an offense neither for God,
nor for His sheep.

I understand the Lord’s nausea
over a lukewarm Church.

I’m a little nauseous myself.

No comments: