There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Practice the Presence of Jesus?

I wrote this some time ago. Decades, actually. I thought it would be good to bring it back.
----------------

Practice the presence of Jesus?
I tell you, it’s not easy to do.
And God surely knows it really is tough ‑
I hope He sees my point of view.

There's no time to read from the scripture
when my favorite show's on TV.
So a quick word of prayer to the Saviour ‑
Really! What more do I need?

And the kids each need to be chauffeured
cross-town to practice their game.
My hair then needs to be coiffured,
and tomorrow's just more of the same.

Practice the presence of Jesus?
I wish it were easy, don’t you?
But with my busy life ‑ enough is enough!
What does He expect me to do?

No comments: