There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Response

It is I who have chosen the Levites from the Israelites in place of every first-born that opens the womb among the Israelites. The Levites, therefore, are mine . . . (Numbers 3:12).


Of Israel’s twelve tribes,
why did God choose the Levites as priests?

We don’t know.


Of all the Levite families,
why did God choose Aaron as high priest?

We don’t know.


And --
I suppose --
more to the point –

It’s none of our business.


Oh! That makes me bristle.
Not my business.


Bristle, until I remember God’s message through Isaiah:
Shall the pot say to the potter, Why? *

Or Christ’s words to Peter:
What is that to you? **

Or Paul’s to the Romans:
Who are you to answer back to God? ***

My response to God’s choice
to use another
instead of me,

to promote another
instead of me

to call another
instead of me

ought simply be,
Lord,
I am Thy servant.


* Isaiah 45:9
** St. John 21:22
*** Romans 9:20

No comments: