There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Promise

"Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked," declares the Lord GOD, "rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?” . . . . For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies," declares the Lord GOD. "Therefore, repent and live." (Ezekiel 18:23, 32)


Every now and again
I think of the thief
dying next to Jesus.

I wonder if his mother
wept at the cross
for her wayward son . . .

or did she learn
of his death
days later

after strangers
buried him,

and she grieved by his grave
without knowing
of her son’s repentance
or of Christ’s promise:

Today
you will be with Me
in paradise.


I wonder too
of the many moms
and dads today
who grieve
at the grave
of their wayward son
or daughter

unaware
of their child’s
repentance

or of Christ’s
promise

Today
you will be with Me
in paradise.

1 comment:

Julie Surface Johnson said...

I'm certain there will be lots of surprises for us when we get there--people we didn't expect to see and then others we can't find anyplace.

How wonderful for parents to see that wayward child come walking through the gates when it seemed so unlikely for so long. I'm praying that will be so for us.