There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

God and Caesar

Jesus said to them,
"Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s,
and to God the things that are God’s”
(Mark 12:17).


And I wondered
what things are God’s.


Love Him
with all your heart,
all your soul,
all your mind,
all your strength.
And your neighbor
as yourself.*


And I realized
it is easier
to give Caesar
what is his,

than God
what is His.


*Mark 12:30-31

2 comments:

Denise Fath said...

So true! Caesar has limits on what he wants, but God wants everything - He wants all of us! And honestly, sometimes I find that a really intimidating thought. I'm afraid to give that much, even though I know it will be worth it. For me it's a slow process of giving a little more each day, but sometimes I get frustrated with myself that I hold back. Any thoughts on how to ake quicker progress?

Rich Maffeo said...

I think we get as much of Jesus as we want of Him. For me, the slow and steady practice of obedience -- ESPECIALLY in "little" things, is what moves me forward. I liken it to what Brother Lawrence once wrote: I won't even pick up a feather from the ground without His permission." If we are faithful in little things, we will be faithful in much. The converse is also -- sadly -- true.