There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Child is Alive!

But when Jesus saw this, He was indignant and said to them, "Permit the children to come to Me; do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these (Mark 10:14).

I really did not expect it to end this way. May God forgive my lack of confidence in His mercy.

Despite the prayers of hundreds of Christians from all denominations across the world, despite the godly counsel the Mom and Dad had received, and even despite the many offers to adopt their child and pay their pregnancy-related medical bills -- I expected them to kill their baby today, instead -- and that I would have to let everyone know the parents had written their child's name in the same blood as the three thousand other babies who will die today in American abortion chambers.

And to the three thousand babies who will die tomorrow.

And the three thousand the next day.

Nearly 1.5 million innocents in the next twelve months in America.

But God . . . Oh, but God answered our prayers. The couple opted for adoption instead of abortion. And one more child was rescued from the dragon's mouth.

A friend from Canada wrote me shortly after he received my email with the good news. He said, "I’m amazed that I can still be amazed by God!" His words reminded me of something C. K. Chesterton once wrote: "The most astonishing thing about miracles is that they happen."

This couple still needs our prayers and whatever other support we can offer. We are not ignorant of Satan's trickery, and the battle surely is not over until the birth of the child. But we so much thank You, our Lord and our God, for Your mercy extended to this little one today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel, Rich. When I heard the good news, I was stunned. And sheepish. Last night I was doing a mini-fast for this couple and their baby. Basically that means not having a midnight snack. And through it all I was doubting that it would amount to anything.

The good news today was a shock and a reality check. God listens to our prayers. And sometimes He gives us exactly what we asked for. But even if He hadn't, that prayer and fasting brought me closer to Him.

He is truly in control of all things.

Unknown said...

I am deeply moved that someone offered to adopt the child and pay pregnancy costs. I hope that person continues to offer genuine support, for I know the next 9 months will be more difficult than I can imagine for this couple.

Anna said...

AMEN!