There is no other name but Jesus whereby we must be saved. Welcome to my blog: In Him Only. I hope you will be encouraged by what you read.

Saturday, November 2, 2019

I Did Not Change Religions

Many times in the past 47 years – and as recently as yesterday – I’ve been introduced to others as someone who used to be Jewish but is now a Christian. And each time – as recently as yesterday – I quickly corrected the misconception. I did not change religions in December 1972 when God showed me in my Jewish Bible that Jesus is the Messiah. I did not change religions. I simply dove deeper into the faith into which I’d been born and educated. Actually, and unknown to most Gentiles who are Christians, when they originally confessed their sins to Christ and followed Him in baptism, they BECAME part of God’s Israel. They became, as it were, “Jews.” Rabbi Paul of Tarsus talks about that in his letter to the Christians at Galatia (Galatians 6). He speaks of it again in Romans 9 and Ephesians 2. And Messiah Jesus speaks of it in John 10. If you are a Jewish follower of Messiah Jesus, keep walking toward the New Jerusalem. If you are a Gentile follower of Jesus the Messiah – keep walking toward the New Jerusalem. According to the prophets Isaiah (chapter 25) and Ezekiel (chapter 47) – to name only a few – a great Jewish feast awaits us all. Oh, Lord Jesus, come quickly. We hunger to sit and dine with You.

No comments: